WHAT DO CUSTODIANS DO?
Custodial staff clean over 2,017 distinct spaces every day, including classrooms, offices, restrooms, laboratories, stairways, corridors, closets, gymnasia, locker rooms, and lobbies.
In addition, Custodians also:
- Assist in emergency response (power outages, floods, etc.)
- Move furniture and equipment
- Set up facilities for non-classroom activities that are a part of and enrich the college experience for our students, including student activities, board meetings, health and career fairs, Expanding Your Horizons, Jazz on the Hill, the Olive Festival, and KinderCaminata.
- Set up and provide support for outside organizations who rent our facilities
- Act as campus "ambassadors", pointing lost students and teachers in the direction of their classrooms during those first weeks of every semester.
Generic job descriptions for classifications in the Custodial family: