Hello everybody – this is just a friendly reminder before we all take off for the Winter Break - (you didn’t think I was going to let you get away without a couple more?!)
Effective Friday, January 2, 2009, the Loop Road will be closed along the entire length of Staff Parking Lot 6 – this will prevent any through traffic on the Loop Road at that location. Additionally, Staff Parking Lots 6 (by the Bldg 5 loading dock) and 10 (the dirt lot in front of Bldg 3) will be closed. These closures will be in effective for at least two years (Spring 2011).
- If you’re coming on campus from the Sharp Park Road entrance - - you will see this from your windshield -
- Turn left only if you want to go the Childcare Center, our Visitor’s Lot, Loma Chica, or if you’re making deliveries to Bldg 5 or Bldg 6.
- Turn right for everywhere else you need to go on campus.
- If you’re coming on campus from the Skyline Boulevard (Hwy 35) entrance - - - you will see this from your windshield -
- Turn right only if you want to go to Student Parking Lot 5, Student Parking behind Pacific Heights, Childcare Center, or Staff Parking in a newly created temporary parking lot behind the Portable Classroom buildings.
- Turn left for everywhere else you need to go on campus.
This pdf file is a map illustrating the Loop Road, Staff Lot 6 and Staff Lot 10 closures. Notice also the creation of a staff parking lot [planned for ~20 spaces] behind Bldg 7A (new Staff Lot 7A) and a temporary staff parking area [planned for ~ 50 spaces] behind our Portable Classrooms (new Staff Lot 10).
Questions concerning parking and traffic concerns should be directed to Lori Adrian at email@example.com or Mike Celeste at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the construction of our new Bldg 4 can be directed to Zak Conway, Swinerton Project Manager, at email@example.com or ext 7042.
Once again - please be extra careful (particularly of other drivers) when you come back from Winter Break. Most of us are “veterans” at this ‘Loop Road Closure Thing’ - we’ll manage accordingly and get through it again.