Hi everyone - as we all know, we occasionally have vehicle speeding incidents on our Loop Road. Installation of speed humps on the Loop Road should help in our efforts to make the campus safer for everyone. Hensel Phelps Construction and their roadwork contractors will be installing and/or improving speed humps (sometimes termed ‘traffic calming’ measures) at various locations along the Loop Road.
On Tuesday, April 5 -
- All vehicular traffic entering campus from our Marisol entrance must turn right at the T-intersection and travel counter-clockwise on the Loop Road
- Sections of the South Loop Road will be closed [red and pink shaded areas on map]
- Those of you who park in Lot D and Lot E can still get there – albeit it will be a circuitous route - - - from Vista Point, thru Lot F, thru Lot C, and then back around to Lot D and Lot E
- The samTrans bus drop off/pick up point will be temporarily located at the Ceremonial Circle in front of our new Building 4 [green circle on map]
On Wednesday, April 6 –
- All vehicular traffic entering campus from our Sharp Park entrance must turn right at the T-intersection and travel counter-clockwise on the Loop Road
- A small section of the Loop Road will be closed vic the North side of Building 7 [blue shaded area on map]
- Please see the attached site map for road closure details -
I apologize for this last minute Construction Notice - but the week of Spring Break with minimal student, staff and faculty traffic on campus was determined to be the best time to get this work accomplished.
Questions, comments or concerns should be directed to Questions, comments and concerns should be directed to our Swinerton Project Manager, Mony Thach, at ext 7053, firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Swinerton Team has coordinated this two-day Loop Road closure with all others that will be impacted – samTrans, Bayview Painting, Corovan Movers, BT Mancini, QBuilders Construction and many more who will working on campus those 2nd two days of Spring Break.