College of San Mateo Project Summary
College of San Mateo is the oldest of the three colleges in the San Mateo County Community College District and is located at 1700 West Hillsdale Boulevard, San Mateo, CA 94402. The campus opened in 1963 at a cost of $19.5 million. Approximately 10,000 students are currently attending College of San Mateo.
In 2001 the San Mateo County Community College District commissioned a facilities master planning process, to assess the current condition of the physical environment, identify the repair/renovation and new construction projects required to support the current and future instructional needs of College of San Mateo. The outcome of that planning process is the 2001 Educational Facilities Master Plan. The first phase of the capital improvement program (CIP1) directly addressed the most urgent needs identified in the 2001 Educational Facilities Master Plan, in support of College of San Mateo’s mission.
In 2006 the District reviewed and updated the master plan. The outcome of that eight-month planning process is the 2006 Facilities Master Plan. The second phase of the capital improvement program (CIP2) will be comprised of projects identified in this updated master plan.
In 2011, the District reviewed and improved the master plan. The 2011 Facilities Master Plan enhances the original master plan.
In 2015, the District again reviewed and updated the master plan. The 2015 Facilities Master Plan amendment is intended to complete the vision started in 2001
For current information on how the Capital Improvement Construction Projects will impact the campus, click on the links below:
Project summaries are currently available for the following CSM Capital Improvement Construction Projects. Click on each project for more details:
- CSM Colonnades and District Office Deck Waterproofing Project
- Theater House Lighting Retrofit
- CSM B12 Reroofing Project
- District Wide NoX Boilder Burner Replacment Project
- North Gateway Project Part I
- Building 5N (Completed)
- Buildings 12/15/17/34 Modernization
- CSM Building 9 - 2009 Renovation Project
- Building 35 - Walter H. Moore Regional Public Safety Center
- Campus wide Utility Infrastructure Upgrades-
- Building 33 - Child Development Center Site Improvement
- Buildings 7/8/19 Roofing Replacement
- Building 33 - Child Development Center Modernization
- Building 9 - KCSM Tenant Improvements
- Coastside at Shoreline Station, Half Moon Bay
- Campus wide Fire Alarm Upgrade
- CSM 9 KCSM Wheelchair Lift Project
- Building 14 - Modernization
- CSM CIP2 Design Build Project
- Building 16 - Modernization
- Buildings 2/4 Modernization
- Districtwide Hazardous Materials Abatement
- CIP1 ACAMS Add-On Project
- Building 36 - Science Building