Dates and Fees for Silicon Valley Intensive English Program (SVIEP)
"I just got my TOEFL score back today and it was 86! My goal was to get over 80 so that I can start an international diploma program at UC Berkeley next year. I took TOEFL a while ago and it was 67, so it's quite a big improvement for me! This is absolutely because of what I learned at SVIEP. Thank you very much for all your support while I was attending classes!" - Hannah A. (SVIEP graduate)
Important Due Dates
SVIEP offers five admission dates per year with study options for 8 weeks (1 session), 16 weeks (2 sessions), 24 weeks (3 sessions), or 32 weeks (4 sessions)! See below for important due dates for each session.
|SVIEP Course||Course Duration||Outside the US application deadline||Local Transfer||Arrival Date||Program Starts||Program Ends|
|Summer 2017||8 weeks||May. 05, 2017||May. 22, 2017||May. 22, 2017||Jun. 05, 2017||Jul. 27, 2017|
|Fall A 2017||8 weeks||Jul. 24, 2017||Aug. 07, 2017||Aug. 07, 2017||Aug. 16, 2017||Oct. 06, 2017|
|Fall B 2017||8 weeks||Aug. 21, 2017||Oct. 04, 2017||Oct. 04, 2017||Oct. 16, 2017||Dec. 08, 2017|
|Spring A 2018||8 weeks||Nov. 13, 2018||Jan. 05, 2018||Jan. 05, 2018||Jan. 16, 2018||Mar. 09, 2018|
|Spring B 2018||8 weeks||Jan. 22, 2018||Mar. 07, 2018||Mar. 07, 2018||Mar. 19, 2018||May. 18, 2018|
|Summer 2018||8 weeks||Apr. 02, 2018||May. 29, 2018||May. 29, 2018||Jun. 11, 2018||Aug. 03, 2018|
Required Fees* and Estimate of Total Expenses
*Required Fees may be subject to change without notice.
(1 academic year)
|Non-Refundable Application Fee||$50||$50||$50||$50|
|Tuition (minus deposit)||$2,495||$4,495||$6,995||$9,490|
|Homestay Housing with meals (estimated)||$3,000||$6000||$9,000||$12,000|
|Other: Books & materials, transportation, student ID, misc. expenses (estimated)||$629||$1307||$1,986||$2,664|
|Session Participation Totals||$7,322 USD||$13,000 USD||$19,827 USD||$26,000 USD|
*Please note: The $50.00 Application Fee is non-refundable and must be included to complete the application. The $500 deposit will be applied to tuition (pay deposit only after your visa is approved). Tuition (minus deposit) is due upon arrival (assessment results will determine your level and tuition).
** International students are required to purchase and maintain health insurance that meets or exceeds the limits required by SVIEP and the U.S. State Department. SVIEP requires students to purchase the insurance offered by the SMCCCD District. You will be required to provide health insurance for your dependents and to demonstrate funding to support them, if they live with you during your SVIEP session. Price quoted is for zero dependents. Health insurance fees are $648 for each 16-week period (2 sessions) regardless of start date.
Estimate of dependent costs, if applicable:
- Spouse: add $1,125 per 8-week session
- 1 child/no spouse: add $875 per 8-week session for first child; add $500 per 8-week session for each additional child
Withdrawals and Refund
- No refund of application fee.
- 100% refund of the $500 deposit with written notice at least two weeks before the session begins.
- No refund of tuition fees after the first week of classes.
- Continuing students will be charged a late fee of $75 for tuition payment after the announced date (usually a few weeks before the new session begins).
Four Payment Options
Pay by Flywire
SVIEP has partnered with Flywire for international payments. This services provides students and their families a cost effective and convenient method of making payments to SVIEP in foreign currencies.
Flywire allows you to:
- Pay from any country and any bank
- Save money on bank fees and ensure your payment is received in full
- Obtain excellent foreign exchange rates with a best rate guarantee
- Receive piece of mind with 24x7 multilingual customer support
- Track your payment from start to finish
For questions about making a payment with Flywire, email@example.com
Pay by Bank Wire Transfer
To pay by wire transfer:
- Bank to transfer money to: Union Bank of California
- Account #: xxxxxxxx
- ABA#: xxxxxxx
- Swift Code:xxxxxx
- Amount transfer, need to add $11.00 international wire fee per wire transfer
- Notify us the date and the amount transfer with the student information
Pay by Credit Card
Our Fax number is +1-650-574-6104.
Note: FAX only, DO NOT EMAIL THIS INFORMATION.
We accept only Visa or MasterCard.
In your Fax, please provide us with:
- Name on the credit card
- Billing address for credit card
- Card Number
- Expiration Date
- 3 digit security code
- Name of student being paid for
- Email address for receipt of payment
Pay by Cashier's Check or Money Order
Please make check payable to SMCCCD and write 'SVIEP' and your name on the memo line of the check.
Mail to:Silicon Valley Intensive English Program
1700 West Hillsdale Blvd.
San Mateo, CA 94402