The District Academic Senate appoints faculty to the Study Abroad Advisory Committee (SAAC). Current appointees are below.
Chair: Jennifer Taylor-Mendoza, Interim Vice President of Instruction - VP Instruction Office email@example.com
|Tania Beliz||Faculty Member||College of San Mateofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lavinia Zanassi||Faculty Member||Skyline Collegeemail@example.com|
|Monica Malamud||Faculty Member||Cañada Collegefirstname.lastname@example.org|
CHARGE: STUDY ABROAD ADVISORY COMMITTEE (SAAC)
The Study Abroad Advisory Committee (SAAC) consists of faculty and administrative representatives from Cañada College, College of San Mateo and Skyline College. The committee is chaired on a rotating basis by the Vice President of Instruction of each college. The committee is tasked with the review and selection of annual study abroad programs that serve both the students of the district and the international education goals of the colleges.
Currently, the types of programs consist of:
• Northern California Study Abroad Consortium Faculty Selection
• Faculty-Led Programs
• Community Travel Program Travel Ambassador selection
• Exchange Programs & Short-Term International Programs
The committee is also responsible for assessing student safety considerations, risk, and international leadership skills of proposed Faculty Leaders. The committee reserves the right to approve or deny any programs involving SMCCCD students and faculty.
SAAC COMPOSITION (PROPOSED)
• 3 faculty (1 from each college)
• 1 VPI representative (Chair - rotates among the colleges)
• 1 VPSS representative (rotates among the colleges)
• Director of Special International Programs, SMCCCD Study Abroad (co-chair and ex officio)
• Dean, Global Learning Programs and Services (ex officio)
• Financial Aid representative (rotates among the colleges)
• Study Abroad Liaisons for Cañada College and College of San Mateo (ex officio)
The term of representatives that are not ex officio status is annual.