Start Exhibit Table of Contents Home Search this exhibit
From 1922 to 1963

This collection consists of photographs from the opening of San Mateo Junior College on the San Mateo High School campus in 1922 then, in 1923, at Kohl Mansion, now the location of Central Park in San Mateo, until the opening of the College Heights campus in 1963. The name "San Mateo Junior College" was replaced by "College of San Mateo" (CSM) in 1953. Included in this exhibit are photographs of people, scenes and events on the various campuses before CSM moved to College Heights .

The PHLIP project has been generously supported by the CSM Office of the of the President, CSM Library, and SMCCCD Office and Colleges. Contact: