Ireland: Community Travel Program
Let us roll out the green carpet so you can enjoy the raw beauty of this timeless landscape. See it cover the streets of Dublin in a quilt of fact and lore, from the fiction of James Joyce to the legend of Big Jim Larkin, whose bronze monument is a bold reminder of his realness. And before the city streets lose their charm, follow the trail of daffodils that outlines the Ring of Kerry. Expert tour directors will lead your journey and handle every logistical detail while providing you with a professional resource throughout. Knowledgeable guides and travel ambassadors will provide you with an insider’s view of life in Ireland.
|Tour Dates:||Sep 1, 2019 – Sep 11, 2019|
|Optional Flight Package:||To Be Announced (SFO-DUB)|
|Activity Level:||Moderately Active|
|Enrollment Deadline:||June 7, 2019|
Program Fee Includes:
Cultural Activities and Excursions
- A half-day sightseeing tour of Dublin by private coach with the services of a professional guide.
- A full-day excursion by public tour to Bru Na Boynne including tours of Newgrange and the Hill of Tara.
- Guided walking tours of Kinsale and Cork with the services of a professional guide.
- A half-day trip from Cork to Blarney Castle including entrance and guided tour.
- A scenic drive through the Ring of Kerry.
- Entrance to Muckross House and Farm.
- A visit to the Cliffs of Moher, with entrance to the visitors centre, and a scenic drive through the Burren enroute to Galway.
- A full-day excursion by bus and ferry to the Aran Islands, including a minibus tour of Inis Mor with a visit to Dun Aengus or a ticket for a public guided tour to Connemara including Kylemore Abbey.
- A ticket to Trad on the Prom Irish dance and music show.
Transfers, Accommodations, Meals and Travel Pass
- Transfer in-bound: transfers by taxi or minibus between the airport in Dublin (DUB) and the accommodation at a time to meet individuals’ flights on the scheduled arrival date.
- Accommodation: Twin rooms in 4-star hotels in each location, as per the program itinerary, on a bed and breakfast basis. Wireless internet will be included. Single occupancy is available for supplement of $850.
- Meals: Daily breakfast in the hotels, a three-course group welcome dinner in Dublin, three group lunches while on daytrips and a farewell dinner in Galway.
- Travel pass: A Leap Card for use on public transportation in Dublin, preloaded with €10.
- Internal transfers by private bus between each of the program cities as per the program itinerary. Buses will be equipped with air conditioning, intercom and storage space.
- Transfer outbound: one time group transfer by private bus between the accommodation in Galway and the airport in Dublin (DUB) at a time to best suit the group flight on the scheduled departure date. The bus will also provide a drop off in Dublin city center, if requested.
- $500 tax-deductible contribution to the San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation Study Abroad Scholarship Fund.
- $150 San Mateo County Community College District administrative fee.
Optional Post-Tour to Belfast:
|Dates:||September 11, 2019 – September 14, 2019|
|Program Fee Supplement:||$875 (Double Occupancy) | $1095 (Single Occupancy)|
|Activity Level:||Moderately Active|
Cultural Activities and Excursions in Belfast:
- A private transfer by coach or minibus from Galway to Belfast (via Dublin) on arrival.
- Accommodation for three nights in a four-star hotel in Belfast with daily breakfast. Linens, towels and free wireless internet are included.
- A dedicated Tour Manager/guide for the duration of the Belfast post-tour.
- A ticket for a 24-hour Hop-on Hop-off bus tour of Belfast.
- One group dinner in the hotel and a farewell group dinner in a pub.
- A full-day excursion by public tour to the Antrim Coast including visits/photo stops at the Giant’s Causeway, Carrick-a-rede Rope Bridge, Carrickfergus and Dunluce Castles, and a group lunch. A shuttle bus transfer from the Giant’s Causeway car park to the stones is also included.
- A one-time, early-morning private transfer by coach or minibus between the hotel in Belfast and the airport in Dublin (DUB) on departure. The time of the transfer will be arranged at SMCCCD’s request, to suit the majority of flights.
Schedule an Informational Appointment
Social ImpactFor many college students, study abroad is a special goal of their undergraduate years. Financially, the experience is often out of reach. What can you do? Take that trip you’ve been promising yourself – and help students achieve the international study opportunity they’ve been dreaming of. Participate in one of our upcoming educational travel tours, and $500 (tax-deductible) of your registration fee goes directly into our foundation’s scholarship fund to help our students live and learn in other countries. It’s a win-win – a curated travel experience for you, and a life-changing time for a student.
More Information or Questions?
For additional information or questions, please contact us.