We specialize in university transfer admission (UTA). International students begin their college education with us as first year freshmen and then transfer to a 4-year institution as a junior to earn their Bachelor's Degree. All of our university transferable courses are articulated (recognized as their credit courses) with 150+ universities in our College University Partnership (CUP). Further, most of the CUP universities would guarantee admission of our students! Compared to students who apply directly for universities as freshmen, called university freshmen admission or UFA, our transfer students increase their chances of admission to a 4-year university from 30% to over 80%, while saving up to $69,000 in tuition!
This program is a good fit for students who have at least a TOEFL 56 or IELTS 5.5.
Students who are under 18 years old without a high school diploma can still apply if they meet one of these requirements:
- Students who have completed the Cambridge O Levels (at least 5 courses) or have an IGCSE certificate.
- Chinese students who have completed grade 11 and have filled out the High School Equivalency Form .
- Chinese students who have completed the Joint Exam of High School Completion (gao-zhong-jie-ye-shui-ping-kao-shi, AKA HuiKao 会考).
|Semester||Semester Start Date||Semester End Date|
||August 16, 2023||December 16, 2023|
|Spring 2024||January 16, 2024||May 24, 2024|
|Applying from Outside the USA||July 1, 2023|
|Transferring from Inside the USA||August 17, 2023|
|Applying from Outside the USA||November 15, 2023|
|Transferring from Inside the USA||January 17, 2024|
- Associate degrees, transfer programs, and short-term certificate programs are offered.
- 140+ universities in our College University Partnership (CUP) Program, where the majority offer Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG) and transfer scholarships.
- Opportunities for OPT, CPT, and internships in Silicon Valley.
- Preparation for success at a 4-year university.
- Access to health center, library, student support services, student clubs, cross-cultural activities, international counselors, and visits to local universities and attractions.
|*Tuition (12 units @ $292 per unit)||$3,504||$7,008|
|*Enrollment Fee (12 units @ $46 per unit)||$552||$1,104|
|*Health Insurance (different rates for Fall & Spring)||$917.50||$2,202|
|Living Expenses (based on a shared room with meals for 10 months in the San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley Homestay Program.)||$5,375||$10,750|
* International/Nonresident tuition, enrollment and health insurance fees will be charged directly by the college at each semester.
** See "Line Item Summary of Costs"
Line Item Summary of Costs
|International Program Expenses||Semester||Year|
|Application Fee (non-refundable, one-time fee)||N/A||$50|
|Books and Supplies||$500||$1,000|
|Local Public Transportation||$500||$1,000|
|Option 1||Option 2||Option 3||Option 4|
|private room with meals||private room without meals||shared room with meals||shared room without meals|
Once admitted into the program, students can apply for homestay through the Homestay Referral Program. Visit smccd.edu/international/housing/student for more information.
For other housing resources like hotels, AirBnB, and apartments, check HERE.
San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley
3401 CSM Drive
San Mateo, CA 94402