O.K. folks – myself and Swinerton staff have been fielding a lot of concerns and questions about the situation everyone faced this morning when coming to work.
Best advice I can give you is this . . .
- If you work in Bldgs 1, 2, 8 and Auto buildings - - - - park in Lot M (north of Bldg 6) and walk in to main campus.
- If you work in Bldg 3 - - - O.K. to still park in Lot R but it will be a ‘hike’ to get to main campus because there is no temporary pathway thru the Bldg 2/Bldg 3 quad area.
Swinerton staff will be posting signage at Lot R (near the portable classrooms) to forewarn staff and students there is no access to campus from vic Bldg 3 without taking the ‘hike’. The ‘hike’ to main campus from Bldg 3 is this –
- Bldg 3 is cut off from direct access from the campus this week (June 1-4)
- If you need to access the upper campus, you will need to use the walkway between the upper grass soccer field and the new Bldg 4 construction fence
- After climbing the stairs, you head west through Lot M. You will need to transverse some landscaping so be careful.
- You can then head south in between Buildings 5 and 6 and this will place you on the upper quad.
Comments should be directed to Jack Herbert (ext 7037) or Mony Thach (ext 7053). Please be careful – lots of construction traffic and limited visibility. Thanks.