Intensive English Program
The Silicon Valley intensive English Program (SVIEP) at Cañada College and Skyline College offer exciting new programs of studying in Silicon Valley for students seeking high-quality English instruction. Students who successfully complete our program will be guaranteed admission into one of the three colleges (Cañada College, College of San Mateo, or Skyline College) in the San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD).
SVIEP, in partnership with Cañada College, College of San Mateo and Skyline College staff, will provide Transition-to-College workshops and events for students planning to matriculate within the San Mateo County Community College District. These students are issued a conditional admission letter to the SMCCCD college of their choice and are required to enroll in subsequent SVIEP Intensive English Program sessions until they successfully complete our program. Tuition and other costs for each session are listed on the Dates and Fees webpage.
Program features include:
- A TOEFL score is not required for admission. Students will take an English assessment test upon arrival. (SVIEP accepts EIKEN scores below 2A).
- Five admission dates per year: 8-week or 16-week sessions in fall, spring or summer.
|January 2017||March 2017||June 2017||August 2017||October 2017|
|8-week & 16-week||8-week||8-week||8-week & 16-week||8-week|
- Tuition price is based on the number of sessions taken.
- 22 hours of instruction per week with skill areas such as Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing, Grammar, and American Culture.
- Small classes with hands-on personal attention.
- Experienced instructors with Master’s Degrees (TESOL, Applied Linguistics, and related fields).
- Multi-level program with preparation for transition to college and includes student support services such as tutoring, note taking, study skills, financial and career planning as well as opportunities to engage with Americans.
- Students have access to the health center, library, and other student support services.
- Opportunities to join student clubs, cross-cultural activities, and visit local universities.
- Opportunity for conditional admission into one of our three colleges upon successful completion of the program.
- Priority admission for matriculated students wishing to transfer to UC CSU institutions.
Silicon Valley International Innovation Customized Contract Program (Short-Term)
The Silicon Valley Innovation Training Program is a customized educational program for business professionals and entrepreneurs. Designed and taught by faculty with entrepreneurial and university teaching experience, this program provides participants with insight into and history behind the spirit of Silicon Valley entrepreneurism, the knowledge and understanding needed to engage in innovation and design thinking, innovative business models, new market development, and the leadership skills needed to recruit and manage innovative teams. You must meet the admission requirements of the Program.
International Innovation Winter/Spring/Summer Camp
The Silicon Valley Winter/Spring/Summer Camp is a customized educational program for High School students/University students. Designed and delivered by experienced staff and faculty with The San Mateo Colleges, this program provides participants with a combination of English language classes, American culture classes, informative presentations by representatives of The San Mateo Colleges, as well as visits to famous Bay Area locations and cultural sites of interest.