Develop and Strengthen Educational Offerings, Interventions, and Support Programs
that Increase Student Access, Success, and Completion.
Students arrive at District Colleges with a range of educational goals. Students and
the public need to know that their investment in time and money in their education
will lead to tangible results. Accordingly, the District will seek to provide the
best possible balance of programs and services that will result in clear transfer
outcomes as well as alignment with emerging labor markets. Increasing student outcomes
requires increased support and engagement and professional development that focuses
on excellence in teaching.
- Encourage the development of methodologies that increase the number of students who
utilize support services that enable them to stay in school and succeed.
- Create on-line and web-based options for students to access advising and counseling
services, interactive scheduling, and educational plans.
- Strengthen the alignment of career education programs with projected workforce needs.
- Provide professional development resources for faculty, staff, and administration
to ensure program effectiveness and excellence in teaching and learning.
- Establish a dedicated budget for new program development in order to increase access,
success, and completion, and eliminate equity gaps.
- Review student placement processes and incorporate multiple measures of assessing
the preparedness of new students for college level work with the goal of decreasing
time needed to achieve one’s goal.
- Use emerging practices to accelerate student progression of ESL sequences into transfer-level
- Evaluate the implementation of revised placement processes for English, and math,
ensuring students are successful in transfer-level coursework.
- Systematically evaluate the effectiveness of academic and student support programs
in all areas and develop, strengthen, or eliminate programs to support student success.