Promote Innovation and Excellence In Instruction To Support Student Learning And Success
In an educational environment, that has become highly competitive, students and prospective
students have many choices for higher education. Prospective adult learners are increasingly
unlikely to enroll for semester-long classes, seeking instead shorter-term and online
learning opportunities. Many younger students are digital natives and expect higher
education to incorporate the customer experiences provided by successful online retailers.
Recent national practices in Learning Communities, peer tutoring, and retention can
also contribute to student success rates. Innovations can spur larger enrollments
and retention rates as well as higher levels of student success and satisfaction with
the District’s educational offerings. Technology will also provide access for populations
currently unable to access the District’s programs and support services. The District
recognizes that such transformations require both the technological infrastructure
and professional development to take advantage of new opportunities.
- Expand program delivery options, including accelerated completion options, for all
students including online students, e.g., College for Working Adults; short-term classes;
intersession classes; cohort classes; and continuing, corporate and community education.
- Promote strategic development of online education to increase the development and
delivery of quality, fully online certificate and degree programs.
- Ensure instruction is delivered in multiple modalities, including in-person, hybrid,
and hyflex, to increase access to higher education and meet the needs of different
- Support professional development for faculty and staff to incorporate advances in
teaching, learning, and effective use of technology.
- Increase technology use in the classroom and develop the overall District technology
infrastructure to support innovative practices in teaching and learning.
- Integrate technological systems to ensure a seamless and efficient experience for
students, faculty, and staff.
- Ensure student and academic support services are accessible to all students in the
- Support innovation and excellence by increasing the availability of data and information
to inform the effectiveness of programs and interventions designed to increase student
success, equity, and achievement.
- Foster an environment that continues to attract and retain highly qualified and dedicated
faculty, staff, and administration that share the District’s values of equity and
- Accelerate the development and adoption of Open Educational Resources (OER) and expand
Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) course offerings for students across all modalities.