The Board of Trustees of the San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD) invites nominations and applications from exceptional leaders for the position of Chancellor.
The San Mateo County Community College District is home to Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College. The SMCCCD is renowned as one of the best two-year college districts in California. All three colleges are designated as Hispanic Serving Institutions enrolling more than 20,000 students each academic year. San Mateo County Community College District has a diverse student population that is a reflection of the communities that it serves.
The SMCCCD is committed to achieving educational equity for all students. As outlined in the District’s Strategic Plan, “success, equity, and social justice for our students are longstanding goals.” We provide students with a rich and dynamic learning experience that embraces differences—emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals and become global citizens and socially responsible leaders.
The Board is searching for a Chancellor who will become an integral member of the community and who can advance student success through possessing the following leadership qualities:
- Uphold strong core values and ethical practices;
- Be technology-literate and an excellent communicator;
- Have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate the ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Have the desire and ability to engage in collaborative decision-making processes, working effectively with diverse teams to reach well-informed and consensus-driven conclusions; and
- Be a team builder and committed to nurturing a positive Board/Chancellor governance relationship.
For additional information or confidential inquiries, please contact: