This multi-component project, to be delivered using the design-build delivery method (wherein a design-build contractor is hired to provide the design as well as construction of the project), will effect a renaissance of the College of San Mateo (CSM) campus. The project includes demolition of Buildings 5, 6, 10, 11, and 13; these buildings have exceeded their useful service lives, the layouts of the concrete walls do not lend themselves to repurposing, and their locations are desirable for new buildings. This project also includes major improvements to the exterior areas of the campus. Some of the major improvements include a new chiller plant, aquatics center, fine arts courtyard, and an electrical infrastructure upgrade.
- Bridging Documents and RFP development: October 2006 – May 2007
- RFP Issued: June 2007
- Proposals Submitted: October 30, 2007
- Contract award: March 2008
- Design and Construction period: 2008 – 2012
- Building 5N: January 2008 – April 2010
- Building 10N: January 2008 - August 2011
- Site Work: January 2008 – April 2010
Links to Individual Projects
Design-Build Project Manager:Barry Chin, Design ManagerTelephone:650-378-7347E-Mailchinb@smccd.eduProject Manager: Karen PinkhamTelephone:650-358-6787E-Mail email@example.comProject Coordinator: Jennifer JamesTelephone:650-358-6733E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.orgBridging Architect:Steinberg Architects Design Build Contractor: McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.