SMCCCD FDIP is accepting INTERN applications from:
- graduate students within one year of meeting regular faculty minimum qualifications (MA/MS or doctoral degree) in the discipline in which they would teach
- persons who meet regular faculty minimum qualifications but who lack teaching experience
- industry professionals who possess any license or certificate to do the work in their field and (1) be within one year of completing the associate degree and have six years industry experience in the discipline, or (2) have completed the associate degree and have completed five years of industry experience in that discipline
To review regular faculty minimum qualifications for disciplines, visit the minimum qualifications Human Resources link or the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges resources page http://www.asccc.org/disciplines-list.
Interns will need to commit to 20 hours of classroom observation/collaborative teaching over the semester length program. In addition interns will participate in the following workshops: orientation, critical pedagogy, hiring process, and developing a syllabus/curriculum planning, and the showcase. For Fall 2018 interns, the commitment dates are Aug. 13 3-6, Sept. 4 3:30-5:30, October 10 3:30-5:30, Nov. 14 3:30-5:30, and Dec. 4 3:30-5:30 in addition to the 20 hours of observation/collaborative teaching. For Spring 2019 interns, the commitment dates are Jan. 11 3-6, Feb. 5 3:30-5:30, March 29 3:30-5:30, April 9 3:30-5:30, and May 7 3:30-5:30.
SMCCCD FDIP is accepting MENTOR applications from:
Full-time tenured (or 3rd/4th year tenure track) who currently teach at Canada College, College of San Mateo, or Skyline College.
Mentors will need to commit to insuring an intern completes 20 hours of classroom observation/collaborative teaching, and participates with the intern in the following: FDIP Orientation (2 hours), FDIP Critical Pedagogy Workshop (2 hours), FDIP Showcase (2 hours) scheduled for Fall 2018 on Aug.13 3-6, Sept. 4 3:30-5:30, Dec. 4 3:30-5:30 and scheduled for Spring 2019 on Jan. 11 3-6, Feb. 5 3:30-5:30, May 7 3:30-5:30.
Mentors will also need to participate in one of the following:
- Hiring process (Fall 2018 on Nov. 14 3:30-5:30 & Spring 2019 on April 9 3:30-5:30)
- Developing a syllabus and curriculum planning (Fall 2018 on Oct. 10 3:30-5:30 & Spring 2019 on March 29 3:30-5:30)
Supervise intern participation in and successful completion of the following:
- Shadow mentor and consult regularly
- Develop, teach, and assess individual lessons
- Build portfolio and resume
- Attend Flex and other college community activities
Activities beyond those listed are at the discretion of the mentor/intern teams.