- Global Online Learning (GOL) provides current high school students, students over 18, and high school graduates an opportunity to take asynchronous online classes to earn credits accepted by 140+ universities.
- All three colleges are now accepting Duolingo English Test (85+), TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition (85+), and PTE (42+). Click HERE for a complete list of all test scores accepted.
- Application deadlines extended for Fall 2020
- Colleges (apps outside USA) - August 3
- Homestay Referral Program - August 3
- Students can be admitted for Fall 2020 if they are turning 18 years of age as of August 19, 2020. No high school diploma or final semester transcripts are required.
- Limited time offers!
- College application fee of $50 is waived.
- Homestay application fee of $250 will be fully refunded upon student arrival.
- Many of the 148 universities in our CUP network are offering transfer scholarships. Look for the TS symbol.
- Global Beca International Student Scholarship and Aspiring Alumni Scholarships are offered to students at all three colleges. Check them out HERE!
Weekly Global Online Learning (GOL) & Info Webinars!
You must REGISTER in advance and your approved registration will give you access to all the webinars that take place every Thursday at 7:00 AM Pacific Standard Time.
Chat with officials from San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley and ask any questions you may have about our colleges. Be sure to REGISTER in advance to receive login details needed to attend all future webinars on Thursdays!
- São Paulo, 11:00 AM
- London, 3:00 PM
- Johannesburg, 4:00 PM
- Dubai, 6:00 PM
- Jakarta/Hanoi, 9:00 PM
- Hong Kong/Taipei/Beijing, 10:00 PM
Message from the Chancellor of SMCSV
Yesterday, we were relieved to hear the news that the Trump administration is reversing its decision that would have required international students to depart the country if they were only enrolled in online classes. We are thrilled that, at least for now, our international students will be able to remain in the U.S. and continue their studies fully online this fall at Cañada College, College of San Mateo and Skyline College.
We firmly believe that having students in our District from other countries helps to add valuable perspective and diversity in our classes. These students enrich the education we offer. And for our international students, as with all of our students, our colleges represent an accessible educational opportunity and a path to educational growth, personal fulfillment and rewarding careers.
We encourage everyone to remain vigilant, engaged and vocal in your support for all of our students.
Mike Claire, Chancellor
Jamillah Moore, President, Cañada College
Jannett Jackson, Interim President, Skyline College
Kim Lopez, Acting President, College of San Mateo
Jing Luan, Provost, International Education
Aaron McVean, Vice Chancellor, Educational Services and Planning
- International ACAC Conference Spotlights Non-traditional HEI Options
- Attending Community College: The Next Wave for Indian Students
- Published April 2018 in the Landmark Magazine of Indo-America Society
- Joint Press Release with UC Berkeley
- Press article on San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley's Guaranteed Transfer to Elite US Universities
- UC Berkeley and San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley Executive Briefing
- UC Berkeley and San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley Executive Briefing (Chinese)