Study abroad can seem expensive, but there are sources of financial aid available to help with the costs.
The Financial Aid Office on your campus is a great place to start.
Tuition, some books and fees may all be eligible expenses towards which you can apply your financial aid award.
- Cañada College Financial Aid website
- College of San Mateo Financial Aid website
- Skyline College Financial Aid website
The Study Abroad office holds scholarship workshops every semester. Upcoming workshops are this September, 2018! Check out the scholarship workshop schedule here .
There are many opportunities to receive scholarship funding for study abroad. You should apply for all that you are eligible for! Often, students receive more than one.
- Internal Scholarships - through the SMCCCD Study Abroad Office
- External Scholarships - such as the Gilman Scholarship & other highly recommended scholarships
- Skyline/CSM/Cañada General College Scholarships - not study abroad specific. Any Skyline/CSM/Cañada College student may apply
When planning for your personal expenses and meals abroad, it is a good idea to compare the cost of living between the SF Bay Area and the location of your study abroad program. Take a look at this cost of living comparison website.
Start a GoFundMe Campaign
Students often have success reaching out to their community- family, friends, social media followers. A little from each person goes a long way!
Research other great resources on the web for finding study abroad funding:
Below are a few places to help you begin your search. Exercise caution when searching for 3rd-party scholarships as they are not affiliated
with SMCCCD Study Abroad.