Cañada College Project Summary
Cañada College is located at 4200 Farm Hill Boulevard in Redwood City. The campus opened in 1968. As of 2004, approximately 25,000 students are currently attending the San Mateo County Community College District.
In 2001 the Facilities Planning and Operations Department of the San Mateo County Community College District commissioned a facilities master planning process, to assess the current condition of the physical environment, identify the repair/renovation and new construction projects required to support the current and future instructional needs of Cañada College. The 2001 Educational Facilities Master Plan is the culminating report that documents that master planning process. The first phase of the capital improvement program (CIP1) directly addressed the most urgent needs identified in the 2001 Educational Facilities Master Plan, in support of Cañada College's mission.
In 2006 the District reviewed and updated the master plan. The outcome of that eight-month planning process is the 2006 Facilities Master Plan. The second phase of the capital improvement program (CIP2) will be comprised of projects identified in this updated master plan.
In 2011, the District reviewed and improved the master plan. The 2011 Facilities Master Plan enhances the original master plan.
In 2015, the District again reviewed and updated the master plan. The 2015 Facilities Master Plan amendment is intended to complete the vision started in 2001
Project Summaries are currently available for the following Cañada College Capital Improvement Construction Projects. Click on each project for more details.
Project summaries are currently available for the following Cañada College Capital Improvement Construction Projects. Click on each project for more details:
- Theater House Lighting Project
- Cañada College and College of San Mateo Roadway and Parking Lot Fixture LED Retrofit
- Cañada College Solar Photovoltaic System Design-Build Project
- Building 8 MPOE A/C Replament Project
- Electrical Infrastructure Replacment Project
- Tree Trimming Project
- Building 8 Renovation
- Facilities Maintenance Center - New Construction
- Districtwide Hazardous Materials Abatement
- Pony Espresso Concession Stand
- Building 17 Modernization
- Building 22 - New Instruction Facility
- Accesibility Ramps
- Building 13- Summer 2004 Renovation
- Athletic Facilities - Upgrades & Renovation
- Buildings 5/6/8/& 22 Chilled Water Lines Extension
- Building 16/18- Modernization
- Gateways, Circulation and Parking
- CIP1 ACAMS Add-On Project
- Building 5/6 Renovation
- Building 5/6 Dining Room
- District Wide NoX Boiler Burner Replacment Project
- Cañada College North Quad Water Feature Project
- Building 5-Waterproofing of Roofing Membrane
- Building 9 - New Library/LRC
- Campuswide - Fire Alarm Upgrade