Software and technology purchases (other than allowable procard purchases) should be made in consultation with the IT Department. IT related electronic equipment includes cell phones, high-volume scanners (costing more than $200), tablet computers, i-pads, e-readers, laptops, desktop computers, printers (any type of printer regardless of cost), cameras (except “point and shoot” cameras costing less than $200), or projectors . The timeline from consultation to receipt of the technology is typically 2-4 weeks. The process for purchasing technology is as follows:
- The requestor submits an IT work order to initiate a consultation with IT.
- IT consults with requestor, makes a recommendation, and creates a formal quote with the appropriate vendor.
- The quote is forwarded by IT to the requestor and to IT support.
- The requestor obtains the accounting information through appropriate college channels and sends the quote, along with the accounting information to IT support at email@example.com .
- IT support enters the purchase requisition which is routed through Banner for department/college approval.
- Once approved, Purchase Order is created by the Purchasing technology IT buyer.
- The equipment or software is delivered to IT tech support. IT tech support contacts the requestor and makes arrangements for installation.