Area(s) of Focus
Our goal is to engender an antiracist educational environment, throughout the district, by providing a contiguous suite of professional development experiences (IDEAL, FDIP). In conjunction with this, we want to help develop an atmosphere where antiracism guides our hiring practices. In conclusion, our conjoined goal is to ultimately transform our institutionalized policies, practices, procedures and pedagogies so that our entire district is equity advancing and justice centered.
The IDEAL Program was conceptualized 3 years ago as a part of the EEOC Committee. This program is for you. We hope that you join us. The Program is designed to educate and inform district faculty, staff and administrators so that they are encouraged in their intercultural competence and are able to build the awareness, knowledge and skills necessary to create more inclusive campus and district spaces inside and outside of the classroom.
Flex Day Presentations
The EEOC Workgroup shared some of our work during our District Opening Day. Take some time to review slides for the presentation.
- Cynthia Avalos, Human Resources Representative (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Anti-Racism Emphasis), District
- Kim Lopez, Interim President, Cañada College
- Dr. Melissa Moreno, President, Skyline College
- Dr. Oyame KenZoe Brian J. Selassie-Okpe, Executive Director, Equity Institute, Skyline College
- Dr. Jeremiah Sims, Director of Equity, College of San Mateo
- Ariela Villalpando, Acting Director of High School Transition and Dual Enrollment, Student Services, Cañada College
- Diva Ward, Director of Grant Initiatives and Equity Projects, District
- Lezlee Ware, Professor of Political Science, Cañada College, Umoja Coordinator, Black Students Matter Co-Chair
- Clair Yeo-Sugajski, Interim Program Services Coordinator, International Student Program, Skyline College
Interested in learning more about the work of the EEO subcommittee? Reach out to: