In collaboration with the SMCCCD Initiative in Diversity, Equity, Antiracism, and Leadership (IDEAL) and the advisory group (EEOC subcommittee of District Antiracism Council):
The SMCCCD Initiative in Diversity, Equity, Antiracism, and Leadership (IDEAL) Program is a comprehensive professional development training program created for SMCCCD Employees who are interested in the advancement of diversity, inclusion and equity in our colleges, district and community. The Program is designed to educate and inform district faculty, staff and administrators so that they are encouraged in their intercultural competence and are able to build the awareness, knowledge and skills necessary to create more inclusive campus and district spaces inside and outside of the classroom.
Radically remimagine how we reconnect to antiracism.
Create a culture or equity with a lens of antiracism.
The IDEAL Program will include three levels of learning.
- Foundational Level 1 - Equity Learner
- Specialty Level 2 - Equity Advocate
- Practictioner Level 3 Equity Practioner
Next steps with the IDEAL Program.
- Learn more about the IDEAL Program Launch
- Apply to be an IDEAL Curriculum Developer
- Sign to participate in the IDEAL Program (Registration opens Nov. 1st)